Class Retirement: Oh The Places You Will Go

beauty-shot-go-new2-retirement

It’s time.

It’s time to say goodbye to an oldie, but a goodie.

It’s time to begin anew.

It’s time for new projects.

It’s time for new lessons.

However, it’s not quite time for the announcement of this new class.

But it is time to offer up an awesome retirement sale on the current second class in the Silhouette series.

If you’d like to take this amazing class and learn all the goodness it has to offer using Studio version 2, you can pick it up now–through November 30–for 40% off.

Lots of great stuff to learn.

Great projects to do.

All for an amazing price of $18.

Retirement can be a good thing.

And in case you were wondering–and I know you are :) –the new class that will be announced before the end of the year will not be an update of this class like the first class, Getting To Know You. It will be a brand new class with new ideas and new projects all in the ‘new’ (can we still call it that?) version 3.

You will always have access to this retired class too, unlike the first class, which was an update since the class content was so similar.

So if you have a friend who’s been thinking about taking the class, you might want to tell them so they can take advantage of this deal.

2017-05-20T07:15:23+00:00 October 8th, 2014|classes|19 Comments

1. Dawn Howells October 8, 2014 at 8:12 am

I learned so much through taking this class. This has been my favorite. I must have made 5 variations of that “otis” page. So many useful techniques to ignite your creativity in this class!

• Kerri October 8, 2014 at 9:05 am

Thanks Dawn! Glad you liked it! :)

2. Tracy Wallace October 8, 2014 at 10:36 am

Can you do all of the features in this class with an “original” machine?

• Kerri October 8, 2014 at 10:40 am

Yes, you can. It’s all about the software and not the cutting machine itself. So it doesn’t matter what machine you have, everything you learn can be used for any of them. The only difference is that you can’t make something 12z12, but we don’t make anything specific to 12×12, so it’s not an issue. :)

3. Tracy Wallace October 8, 2014 at 10:41 am

Excellent – thanks! I guess I will have to just reload version 2 and I’m good to go. Looking forward to it!

4. Marsha October 8, 2014 at 11:28 am

I have version 3 do I have to uninstall and get version 2 to take the class

• Kerri October 8, 2014 at 11:36 am

I don’t know that you necessarily need to reload v2. I think so much of it is still applicable and works the same way in both version. It’ll mostly software aesthetics.

I actually have both v2 and v3 on my computer, so I can switch between the two. If you give it a try with v3, and find there there are some discrepancies, it’s pretty easy to reinstall the programs. You might even try and see if you can just install v2 in addition to v3.

Hope that helps!

5. Tracey Magner October 8, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Hi, I just got the Silhouette, and know nothing about it, haven’t even opened it yet, is there a V1 class I should be taking first? Or is that not available? Also, if V1 is not available will this V2 help me or confuse me? I have never taken a class either so I don’t know how they work, Thanks for any help you can give me. I appreciate it. Tracey.

6. Donna C. October 8, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Kerri I am wondering if you know yet when V3 will be up on JS? I down loaded the new update and am lost and so want to do the class.

• Kerri October 8, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Sorry Donna…I’m still not sure.
      I’m working on it.
      I will post when it’s available.

7. Kathy October 8, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Hi Kerri,
    I have never taken an online class so what do I do? Download files, or log into your site to “attend”? I purchased Get to know your Silhouette and now have time to start the class just need to know what to do. Us “newbies” have to start some place :-)
    Kathy

• Kerri October 8, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Hey Kathy!
      So when you purchase a class, you’re given a link to the classroom as well as you can access the classroom online. In the classroom you’ll see an intro, what to do before you get started–including downloading any files–and then you’ll have the video links. Everything you need is all right there on that page.

Hope that helps!

8. Paula October 8, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I loved this class. Any class by Kerri is fantastic and you will learn a lot. I had never taken an online class before this. My Silhouette sat in the box until I took Keri’s classes.

9. Kari October 9, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Is the updated version of your first silhouette class going to be posted at Jessica Sprague? I’m trying to decide whether to update to v.3 and thought seeing it in action in your class would be helpful. Love ALL your classes!

10. Martha October 10, 2014 at 5:35 am

Hi Kerri: when will the Version 3 class be available? I didn’t see it on JS.com.

I have been waiting for it!! there is so much is version 3 I don’t understand and I learned so much from your other classes

• Kerri October 10, 2014 at 7:13 am

Hey guys! It’s being worked on.
      I don’t have a date just yet.
      I’ll announce it when it’s there. :)

11. Shauna October 10, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Hi Kerri. I came to your blog because I JUST got a Silhouette and you are the one I have heard the most about taking the “how to” classes from. I know pretty much nothing, so I do want to learn. I have version 2.5.9 installed in my laptop. Where do I begin? Do I take your combo class which includes this class? Thanks for any direction you can give me on where to begin!

12. angi November 4, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I see this is necessary before taking the Christmas class. However I don’t see a link to click to purchase the class. Also, is there info on what is covered in the class? I may know enough to bypass it for the intermediate Christmas class.

• Kerri November 4, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hey Angi!
      You can click on the image in the post or on the image at the right. Both will take you to the class info in the store. You can also find it in the store too. All the details on the class is there. Hope the helps. :)