I Could Do This Again

Do you ever have a great moment that you just want to repeat? Something so simple, yet it just fills you up with nothing but contentment?

That would be this moment in DC.

wahsington monument night web

Having a photographing family, you just had to figure one or more people would want to take night photos down at the National Mall. Zach and Kass took turns with the tripod to capture some great photos. But after spending a few moments photographing Abe, I sat on the top steps of the Lincoln Memorial, behind a column so I wouldn’t get tripped over in the ‘darkness’, with Jordy-girl sitting next to me, sat my camera on my knees, held as still as possible, and took this shot. Well, I took a few more, but this is one of them that turned out pretty darn well.

And if you look to the right you’ll see three green dots. I call them orbs. Having a husband who has enjoyed watching Ghost Hunters, we were calling them the spirits of DC past. Perhaps Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson were hanging around. ;)

There wasn’t much else that we did but sit on the steps and talk about history and all sorts of stuff.

I loved it.

If I could go back and do it again just to sit on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, I’d do it. I don’t need a phone, I don’t need a book. Just sit and soak it in.

Some people enjoy relaxing on the beach.

I liked relaxing here.

I liked soaking it in and truly appreciating where we were at.

What a moment.

I’m ready to do it again.

2017-05-15T09:41:16+00:00 November 5th, 2014|travel|7 Comments

1. Jeanene November 5, 2014 at 7:49 am

I think the view of the Mall from the Lincoln Memorial is one of my favorite spots on the planet. You can’t help but feel inspired.

2. 3kidmama November 5, 2014 at 12:23 pm

That is one view I have always longed to see! What a precious country we have been blessed with – thanks for sharing this, today!

3. Lori November 5, 2014 at 12:46 pm

This is practically my backyard! It is awe-inspiring and glorious–yet sometimes I forget that because it is right here (why do we do that?!). Thanks for the reminder! I am glad to hear that it was such a special memory for you and your family. I feel blessed to be raising my family in such a historical and beautiful location.

4. vicki November 5, 2014 at 9:01 pm

WOW! Truly amazing!

5. Marla November 5, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Beautiful picture!!! Looks like you had the perfect night to sit out there soaking up all the history. I have always wanted to visit Washington DC, but know I will not be able to go. Thank you for sharing your trip!

6. ana roat November 8, 2014 at 7:26 am

i had a moment like this at Yellowstone this past summer while watching a bear cross a valley. All went quiet and for a brief moment life stood still. While watching I thought about how mighty this bear was and how many more of his type had crossed this very valley so many years ago. What a beautiful country and rich history we have.

Your picture is simply amazing. Thanks for sharing.

7. Kelly Janes November 24, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Fantastic photo!!!! I love that about photos & scrapbooking! You were able to capture that moment and it will forever be frozen in time! I love the emotion behind photos like this! Thanks for sharing!!