The Pillow Box

Packaging up little gifts is quite delightful, don’t you think? And being able to create your own personalized packaging is even better, right?

Well then, do I have a fun little diddy for you today!

the-pillow-box

This cute little pillow box kit is what you’d say…versatile. So many options with this! Not only is there a plain ol’ pillow box design that you use with your favorite patterned paper, but there’s also three awesome designs that you can use ‘as is’ or customize them to fit your needs by switching colors or text.

Oh but wait…it gets even better.

It comes with little pieces to the pillow box puzzle so that you can use them to Crop or Subtract or change colors for one section, or whatever you feel like doing!

Hello?

You get to become the master designer of your own packaging. How sweet is that? I think my favorite thing to do would be to type a name in some big letters for the person you’re giving it to. It’s pretty rare to get personalized packaging.

But look how awesome these are with what’s already in the kit.

pillow box 2 web
pillow box closeup web

These are prefect for the holiday season. And those numbers? Great for birthdays or anniversaries or any type of celebration involving a number…and it’s great just for fun too. :)

Here’s a little video on how you can work with all of it.
The question is now…what are you going to make with it?

2017-05-20T06:12:37+00:00 November 18th, 2014|digital kits, video tutorials|7 Comments

1. Susan P November 18, 2014 at 5:30 pm

What a great kit! Thanks so much for the tutorial – can’t wait to try it out.

2. Susan P November 18, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Question for you Keri – can you resize the pillow box (fatter, thinner, longer, shorter – and everything still fits correctly? I am assuming you can.

• Kerri November 18, 2014 at 6:12 pm

As long as you size the box+components together, you should be fine. The included designs probably wouldn’t work though. You’d have to make your own. :)

3. Michele November 19, 2014 at 12:01 pm

can this only be done using the Silhouette machine? I have the Pazzles cutting machine.

4. MIchele November 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm

BTW i do have the print+cut feature. I just got my new Pazzles machine so I’m not sure how that works just yet but I love this pillowbox idea as it’s perfect for any type of gifts!! (including a babyshower gift) :)

• Kerri November 19, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I’m not as familiar with Pazzles, but a quick look on their home page, I see that there’s some kind of Print+Cut with the Inspiration Vue. There searching and manuals aren’t very informative/user-friendly, so I can’t tell for sure what to do. You might want to check with them and see what the requirements are to do a print+cut with their machine+software. I’d love to know what you find out. :)

5. […] give the kids’ teachers gift cards for Christmas…and Kerri’s darling little pillow boxes are a fantastic way to wrap them […]