12 Days of Christmas | Day 3 | Guests Bringing Tidings Of Joy

One of the amazing parts of the holidays is having guests over. New friends, old friends, and everyone in between. We apparently like to party here at KBS. ;)

And we love having guests when they bring us the sweetest Christmas desserts!

Everyone say hello to Miss Stephanie Bryan!

Stephanie has brought us great tidings of joy to KBS…some very sweet treats indeed. Check it out.

Hi there!! I’m so excited to be here on Kerri’s blog ringing in the month of December! I had so much fun playing around with some of Kerri’s designs! You really can get lost in her sweet little shop, right?? Her script words are by far my very favorite and I couldn’t help myself from cutting out a bunch! I took two different approaches with my these projects, but as you will see, the lovely script Christmas words just make everything pop!!

I began by cutting out a few words on a piece of glitter paper. The sparkly gold glitter paper in combination with Kerri’s words was just fantastic! And they just screamed Christmas to me! After I had a few cut out words, I mod podged a some of them to several pieces of white chipboard. I contemplated creating a mini album of our past Christmas pictures, but then I decided I really wanted to create a Christmas card album. I say that I’m going to create one every year, but I never get around to it!! Not this year! I’m all ready to go!! After my words were adhered to the chipboard, I ran the chipboard through my sewing machine to create a fun, handmade look to the book. Then I added in a few rings and some of the Christmas cards we’ve already received this year!! I just love this little book! It’s so easy to put together, and so easy to leave sitting out in our living room for everyone to see!!

sb_kbs_magic
sb_kbs_magic1

sb_kbs_magic3
sb_kbs_magic2
sb_kbs_magic4

I had a few more words leftover after my Christmas card book and decided to put together a sweet little layout from our very first Christmas as a family of four. My precious son was only a few days old in these pictures, so it really was awesome to reminisce on these days!! I created three little flip up cards using extra patterned paper and my photos! I love adding interactive bits and pieces on my layouts! I included my journaling under the photos, as well as the date and little embellishment!! To finish the page, I added Kerri’s glitter “Christmas” hand drawn word and a few vellum stars. I felt like the delicate word paired so nicely with a few transparent stars!

sb_kbs_christmas
sb_kbs_christmas5
sb_kbs_christmas1

sb_kbs_christmas2
sb_kbs_christmas3
sb_kbs_christmas4

Thanks so much for joining me today!!! I am ever so grateful to Kerri for inviting me to play along at her holiday party!! Merry Christmas everyone!

[ Designs | December 25 (words) ]

Um. Yeah. Can you say beautiful?

The simplicity of all the pages with the words is just amazing. And I really should buy me some sparkly paper. Did I just say that out loud? Those are not words you hear coming out my mouth…like ever. She just makes it too darn gorgeous to not want to do it.

And I simply adore the book idea for all the cards and photo cards we get each year. That is a brilliant idea!!

Thanks so much for coming to the KBS house for the holidays Stephanie! Next time I’ll be sure to get the hot cocoa on–mini marshmallows will be a must.

________________

And now it’s time for the one-day only  freebie!

I have to admit. I’m having small love affair with trees. First yesterday, and now today. And I think this little pair has got to be my current fave–especially the tall two-layer tree.

Must…use…soon!

winter-tree

This is no longer available as a freebie, but you can get it in the store HERE.

2017-05-19T13:38:50+00:00 December 3rd, 2014|pages, projects|18 Comments

1. Sylvia December 3, 2014 at 1:04 am

Awesome book! And thanks a lot for the freebie!

2. Sue W December 3, 2014 at 4:21 am

What a beautiful project! Great idea to save those special Christmas cards too.
    thanks Kerri for your beautiful trees, I can’t wait to play with them.

3. crystalnva December 3, 2014 at 6:10 am

4. Kim Smith December 3, 2014 at 7:42 am

Oh my today’s inspiration was so gorgeous, clean and simple and elegant! Thank you for that as well as the goodie!

5. Carrie December 3, 2014 at 8:24 am

Thank you so much for the freebie everyday. I am enjoying them so much

6. marcy e December 3, 2014 at 8:45 am

Thank you Kerri… Your designs are always so very inspiring…

7. lynne December 3, 2014 at 8:47 am

Gorgeous project from Stephanie! And thanks for the tree freebie

8. Marla December 3, 2014 at 9:16 am

Your book is fabulous!! Thank you for sharing your inspiration!
    Thank you also for today’s great freebie!!!

9. Renee T. December 3, 2014 at 9:35 am

Thank you! I have a new silhouette portrait on its way from the Black Friday sale, and I am so excited to learn how to use it! These trees will be the first I cut.

10. yolande k December 3, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Magnifique, Stephanie !!!
    et merci Kerri pour la découpe !

11. Melitta Ball December 3, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Simply breathtaking! The most beautiful work that has made me look over & over again! Well done! And thank you so much for the awesome freebie today!
    Blessings,
    Melitta

12. Phyllis B. December 3, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Stephanie’s ideas are awesome! Her Christmas card book idea is wonderful—I never know what to do with cards from year to year! Wish I had begun doing this years ago! Thanks to Stephanie for this idea, and thanks to you, Kerri, for the great little trees! Love them!

13. Trish December 3, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Thank you Kerri for these, my new most favorite trees to cut! And Stephanie your book is scrumptious, love it’s simple beauty!
    PS Kerri, you do need some sparkly paper to cut your wonderful words! :)

14. Mary Miller December 3, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Thank you Keri! You are so generous.

15. Tracy December 3, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Love this idea!! I have Christmas cards from past years that I’ve been hanging on to and now I know exactly what I’m going to do with them! Thanks so much for the awesome idea. And sparkly paper is the way to go…on the white chipboard…perfect! Thank You for the winter trees!! I think I will be making some of them with gold sparkle paper!! ; )

16. stacie D December 3, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Love these trees! Thanks so much for creating the fun!

17. Manuela Diz December 6, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Es un proyecto precioso, Stephanie siempre logra sorprendernos con sus álbumes tan sutiles…. Felicidades.

18. […] Last year we had the pleasure of having Miss Stephanie Bryan join our 12 Days of Christmas. As I was perusing the Posts of Christmas Past I loved the idea of sharing another beautiful simple page layout using the same title as Laura. I love being able to see the same design used two ways at the same time. So take a look…and for more of a look, check it all out HERE. […]