Nothing says joy and fun like confetti, does it? Just one look at it makes you giddy. Especially when it’s wrapped up in a little ‘package’ and you can shake it around and see where it goes inside.
Colorful. Bright. Shiny. It’s what Laura’s card is all about today.
I adore this idea! I love that Laura stitched at transparency on the front of a petal envelope to contain all that fluttery fun. What a great idea!
Here’s what Laura has to say:
Now that my girls are older, along with my nieces, I give a lot of gift cards at Christmas time. So I’m always looking for fun ways to give them. When I saw the cute little pinked petal envelope in Kerri’s Santa’s Workshop: Toys Only, I pictured it paired up with the Confetti kit to create a fun shaker envelope.
- I cut the envelope from some tone-on-tone patterned paper, picking a lighter color so that the other elements would stand out against it.
- I cut a piece of a transparency just slightly smaller then the size of the envelope and machine stitched it to the front of the envelope, leaving one side open.
- I used Kerri’s Confetti kit to cut pieces of confetti from two different patterned papers and then dropped them into the “pocket” I had created with the transparency.
- I added in some red, green, and silver sequins before sewing the last side of the transparency closed.
- I cut the “do not open” from Kerri’s December Twenty-Five kit and adhered it directly to the top of the transparency, using some tiny alpha stickers to finish off my sentiment. Or maybe I should call it my “instructions” to the recipient of the gift :)
Seriously. So much fun!! And using the Confetti kit to make the confetti? Brilliant.
And now, a brand new kit to play with for this holiday season!
Your very own Christmas tree lot . . .
and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your home to find the perfect one. :)
I imagine them all being white-on-white. My favorite color combo, of course.
I can’t believe Christmas is almost here!!!