Hello 2015!

It’s here.

A new year is upon us.

I’ve been contemplating this moment for quite some time now.

What do I see for this brand new year?

What will my home life be?

Will I finally get it organized?

What will my kids be doing?

What new happy things will be coming to my business?

What do I want out of 2015?

What’s next?

That’s a big question.

Each year Ali Edwards does her One Little Word and while I have never participated in her workshop, I still pick a word because I think it helps give the year a direction of where you want to go. Last year it was focus. I’d let life and work get out of control the year before and so it was my mission to focus in on what mattered most, which was my family and my own personal business.

I’ve been pondering for some time what I wanted to concentrate on for this year. In my head I’ve known I wanted…needed…to put more of my memories down on paper–photographically speaking, of course. Document or Record were two words that had stuck out to me, but not only had I used document in a combo word a couple years ago, but the words just didn’t encompass enough of what I wanted from the year.

I wanted more for my year.

And then I saw a word that encompassed more.

one-little-word-2015-capture

I loved part of its definition: record or express accurately in words or pictures.

bingo.

But beyond that, I want to capture more of the life that surrounds me. I want to capture moments–in words and pictures as well as making them. I want to capture more of what and who I love. And capture what I need to be a better person, mom and business woman. (pffff….business woman…I feel like I’m wearing a suit. Do pjs count as a suit?)

I’ve had a smartphone for two years now and it has been the best investment ever. It has helped me capture many of these moments, but not enough and definitely not in recording or expressing accurately in words or pictures.

I need to do it more.

I need to do everything more.

I know better than to say ‘I will make a page every single week in the year 2015.’  But rather, I will make it my mission to capture those memories and document them physically more than any year I’ve done. It’s hard when you only have so much time for work in a day. But perhaps moving it from the ‘work’ column to the ‘play’ column is the attitude I need to have. It’s hard when there’s a very fine line between those two.

I also need to spend more time out of my house experiencing life. I’m often too wrapped up with work that I sit around in my home way too much.

I need to capture more of life.

And so there it is.

This is my new year.

This is my direction.

Only one question left now…

whats_next_ensemble2

Of course it needs to be  a little freebie–with or without distressing and with or without ‘hello 2015’
because you never know what you’ll need it for.

Comes in the usual cut files for changing colors in your digital cutting programs as well as
distressed and just a plain white text.

To download this–forever free-click HERE.

So what’s next for you this 2015?
Did you pick  One Little Word?
If so, share it…I’d love to hear!

2017-05-18T19:27:01+00:00 January 1st, 2015|freebies|23 Comments

1. Dolly January 1, 2015 at 8:32 am

Happy New Year Kerri!!
    and THANKS! :D

2. Ginger Wakehouse January 1, 2015 at 9:12 am

My little word is Metanoia

Metanoia –
    The journey of changing ones mind, heart , self, or way of life.

I love taking the class, Ali is so involved. You should try

I love all your stuff, Happy New Year

3. Tracy January 1, 2015 at 9:42 am

Thanks, you’re always inspiring and my go to place when I’m in a creative rut or a live rut. Thanks again and here’s to a fantabulous year.

4. Cynthia January 1, 2015 at 9:45 am

thanks so much Kerri, Happy New Year, Healthy one to, make it count…take care..

5. Beth Quiroz January 1, 2015 at 10:23 am

Happy New Year!

My OLW is MOTIVATE

Because I need a serious kick in the butt!

6. Cheryl :) January 1, 2015 at 11:19 am

Thank you Kerri. It’s so easy for me to get bogged down with the to do lists. I love your word and the meaning behind it. Many blessings to you and your family in the New Year. Oh! and thanks for the GTKY class info from the JS site. Everything worked and can’t wait to get started!

7. Melanie A. January 1, 2015 at 11:32 am

Happy New Year! I’ve never done OLW before but decided last minute I would start in 2015. My word this year is Focus. There are so many things I need to focus more on in the new year.

8. andrea January 1, 2015 at 12:21 pm

I’ve been doing OLW for a few years now, and I love it. Last year my word was “choices”…and I had some tough ones to make. But I did it, and I’m proud of myself. I was torn between “valued” and “worthy” this year; I chose WORTHY, because in order to feel valued I fist have to believe I’m deserving of it.

9. nonni January 1, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Thank you for you! My OLW is ‘Just be and let God’

10. Lori January 1, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Happy New Year! After debating a while on my OLW FOR 2015, my word found me: “release.” I’ve already been seeing it everywhere in my life and I’m excited about learning and growing with it this year!

11. Judy January 1, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Thank you and Happy New Year!

12. SherriS. January 1, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Thanks for the freebie! My OLW this year is MOVE. I need to move my body more for health, move forward from past hurts and we are planning a move into a house this year!

Happy New Year!

13. Jeanene January 1, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Thanks for the freebie! I love your OLW. I love seeing your own pages so, by all means, don’t forget that capturing (and sharing) your memories inspires others!

14. Tracy January 1, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Happy New Year! Thanks for the free download. Still thinking of my word for 2015.

15. Kathy January 1, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Happy New Year! Thank you for the great printable! My OLW for this year is going to be free. I wrestled with open and free, but today free picked me!

16. Linda January 1, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Happy New Year, Kerri! Thank you for sharing. My OLW this year is HEALTHY. I have some health issues that can be reversed if I start making healthy choices. I love your word and would love to use it, too, but not this year.

17. Sue W January 1, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Thanks for sharing your OLW. I’ve been following Ali’s example for the last couple of years. This year I chose ENJOY as in ‘take delight or pleasure in’ the next 12 months are going to be challenging. I hope to take everything in my stride, not to stress but make the most of an adventure!

18. Pam K January 2, 2015 at 10:14 am

Thanks for the cards … I haven’t picked a word yet. I keep thinking about all that I want to do, all I need to do, so I’ve been thinking along those lines. But another word keeps popping into my mind — hope. Guess I should decide soon.

19. Janet January 2, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Happy New Year Kerri and thank you for the freebie.
    My OLW is Healthy – healthy mind, healthy body and healthy spirit. This is my fifth year for for picking a word and my second for taking the class. I’m excited to see where this word leads me.

20. yolande k January 3, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Bonne Année Kerri !!!
    Bises

21. CHRISTINE January 3, 2015 at 6:39 pm

My one little word for 2015 is ACTION!!

22. danni perez January 4, 2015 at 1:04 pm

happy 2015
    may u be blessed in the coming yr.
    thanks for the freebie.ur so sweet

23. Suelynn January 5, 2015 at 12:43 am

Always love your graphics. Cinnamon Edition may still be my favorite of all time. :)