Journal Template Freebie + The Seeing the U.S. of A. For All Its Beauty

For my grand road trip journey, I purchased a Midori Traveler’s Notebook. I’d been eyeing them for a few months in anticipation of the trip–wanting a fun recording system, ya know.

I loved the idea of the blank pages for a very clean look, but knowing me, I would be bothered by the fact that I didn’t write straight or evenly. Then the ol’ Silhouette lightbulb went off. I could make my own journaling template in the size I needed and spacing that suited me–or suited a different mood of me.

That’s how this fun little freebie came to light!

journal_template_ex

To download–forever free–click HERE.

It comes in three different line widths: small, medium and large. You could modify it easily to include more, less, wider, narrower…whatever suits your needs. I’ve been using the medium. Gives me several lines, but my text isn’t squishy.

The lines are cut narrowly so it fits the tip of a pencil just loverly.

Write.

Erase.

And your page looks like you have a great eye. :)

journal-template-album

And on another note.

Being on the road, to me, means appreciating every moment of where I am. And this beautiful sunrise we encountered after leaving Albuquerque is no exception. Beauty at its finest. I took this with my dSLR out the front window while hubby was driving down the freeway. It may not be the sharpest photo because of that, but it doesn’t matter. It captured the moment of what we enjoyed…for a long time.

alb sunrise web

2017-05-15T09:35:44+00:00March 15th, 2015|freebies, planners, travel|12 Comments

1. heidig March 15, 2015 at 5:46 pm

This may seem like a stupid question but did you fill your journal with pages you made with the template? And if so, what did you do with the lovely pages that came in the journal?

2. Sally March 15, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Loverly indeed! Both the freebie and the photo. Thanks!
    Enjoy your trip!

3. Barbara March 15, 2015 at 7:51 pm

I love this idea – I always write crooked. This will help!! Thank you!

4. Tracy March 16, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Thanks…what a great idea! That is an amazing sunrise. Just beautiful!!

5. Sue FitzGerald March 17, 2015 at 2:26 am

Thanks Kerri, just what I need for my midori. :-)

6. Karen Walker March 17, 2015 at 6:01 am

Thanks! I just bought a Midori in anticipation of a big trip this summer. This is perfect! Are you just using the Midori as a journal, or will you be adding some stamping, etc. to it?

7. bernadette March 17, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Thank you so much for the freebie! I just got a midori traveler’s notebook and its been driving me crazy that I can’t write straight! Thanks again and have a lovely trip!

8. Julie Ann March 18, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Thank you so much! This is an awesome idea.

9. […] I left the pencil lines on there so you could see how awesome it is to use the free template pictured on the right to draw yourself some lines on your blank […]

10. Michelle Bradtke October 21, 2015 at 9:20 am

Hi Kerri:

Can I ask what type of Midori notebook you got? I have been a Filofax girl for the past year, but it’s not as flexible of a system as I had hoped. And I am overwhelmed by all the choices of Midori notebooks on Etsy – and some of the prices. I just want something “not tool fancy” that I can carry around. Thanks!

• Kerri October 21, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I actually have three. One is a true Midori and I love it for the beauty of it all. I also have one from The Foxy Fix and one from Truly Lu. The one from FoxyFix is a melon leather color. Love. And Truly Lu is cream canvas with big red felt poppies on it. Swoon. The last two can be found on Etsy. You can find Midori on Amazon.

I love the flexibility of being able to swap in and out according to mood or need.

Hope that helps. :)

11. […] Designs | Weekend Workshop: The Pocket Book (labels) / Weekend Workshop: Getaway (word strips) / Journaling template (freebie)  Stamps | Maxwell Outline (alpha) and Yesterday (unexpected) […]