Announcing: Custom Made

It’s been a long time coming and I’m so excited to finally announce the brand new class, Custom Made!

custom_made_3

This is the second class in the Silhouette series and it’s all new

New ideas. New projects. New freebies.

Whether you want learn how to alter a design or create a design, this class will take you beyond the very basics of Studio so you can–at the risk of needing a maniacal laugh here–have the power.

The power to custom make what you need…or would that be want?

I tell ya what, there’s a wonderful feeling of freedom when you have that power.

Now, I know one of the biggest questions I’m going to get is:

I took Oh The Places You Will Go, do I need to take this class?

My answer to that is that it depends on what you feel your skill level is. If you feel like you’ve got a pretty darn good handle on how to use the software…then you probably don’t need it. But here’s some perks to taking the class in case you think you want it:

1. It’s all filmed in version 3. That means we’ll be utilizing its new features and tips+tricks. While many features are still the same between v2 and v3, there are some fun new things in v3. So it may be a good refresher course with a cherry on top.
  2. New projects are definitely in store.
  3. It has all new freebies, which is a $10 value in and of itself.
  4. Purchase by Sunday, April 19, you can get the all-new Around Here handwritten kit for free!
  5. Purchase by the class date and you save $5, making the class price just $21. That’s less than a Dr. Pepper a day–especially when one gets it ‘dirty’. (That’s adding coconut, in case your mind was wandering ‘elsewhere’.)
  6. There’s a bonus video. We like getting something…er…another something for free, right? I’ll be sharing my method of implementing my handwriting into Studio.
  7. It’s just gonna be plain ol’ fun.:)

And in case you sped-read through the list, if you sign up by April 19, you get the brand new Around Here kit for free!

around-here

So let’s do some math, shall we?

Class cost: $26.
Sign up by April 19, get free kit: – $4
Savings on freebies: – $10

Total cost for class: $7
Total cost for class: $11

Whoa…whoa…whoooooaaaaa…
What did I just do???

Just like the grocery store….it adds up fast. Only I’m usually spending, not saving. ;) But those savings won’t last. So, sign up today folks so you won’t forget…like I keep doing these days. :)

It’s going to be a fun class and May 18 will be here before we know it!

2017-05-18T17:15:18+00:00April 11th, 2015|classes|19 Comments

1. Lola April 11, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Do we need design 3 for this class?

2. Lola April 11, 2015 at 10:54 pm

do we need to have the newest updates for this class?

• Kerri April 12, 2015 at 7:25 am

It’s best that you do have version 3. This particular class will utilize features only found in version 3. While you can follow along with much of the class and create many of the items we’ll be making, there will be some features or tips+tricks that you won’t be able to do. So you could still sign up for it, but just know there there will be a handful of things that you won’t be able to do if you’re still using version 2.

Hope that helps. :)

3. Tammy Davis April 12, 2015 at 9:16 am

So excited! I love your classes! I just want to make sure that I don’t have to have the Designer Edition of the software. I just have the freebie from the site. Will I still be able to do most of the things you are teaching?

• Kerri April 12, 2015 at 10:35 am

Nope…no Designer Edition needed. :)

• Tammy Davis April 12, 2015 at 10:43 am

Woo hoo! I am all signed up! I love your math, Kerri!

4. Marlene April 12, 2015 at 11:49 am

I’ve learned so much from your classes. Thank you for sharing your expertise! I’m off to sign up for the new class. Yippee!

5. marcy e April 12, 2015 at 1:34 pm

So looking forward to this class… I especially love your tips and tricks! Thanks, me

6. Colleen April 12, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I absolutely LOVE your classes, Kerri. I spread the word as much as possible!

Is this a self-paced downloaded class or do we need to be on-line for it? Just want to be sure before I purchase. Thanks for always bringing us your best!

Colleen

7. Colleen April 12, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Oops! Answered my own question affter I read the class description in your on-line store. :0) I love that it’s self-paced. You’re terrific at this! Thanks again.

Colleen

8. Sally April 13, 2015 at 7:33 am

I can’t wait for class to begin! This looks amazing!

9. Patti Wnek April 13, 2015 at 2:27 pm

You made me laugh so hard when you did the math to show the class only cost $7! I love your resasoning and it worked! I just purchased the class plus bought some other goodies on your site with all the money I saved!

10. Tracy April 13, 2015 at 6:38 pm

YAY!! All signed up for classes 1 & 2! Finally I’ll know how to use my Cameo : )

11. […] You can check out all the lovely details HERE. […]

12. […] giving away a seat in my new Custom Made Silhouette class. To be […]

13. […] And speaking of classes, this week is the last chance to save $5 on the all-new second class in the Silhouette series, Custom Made. […]

14. Lori Hamilton May 17, 2015 at 3:53 pm

If I have taken previous classes, will there be anything new to learn in this class? I’ve taken: Places you will go, hello there, just add color, design secrets, here there everywhere.

thanks,

Lori

• Kerri May 18, 2015 at 7:32 am

Hey Lori! While the core of elements learned is similar or maybe the same, it’s all-new projects, examples and freebies. Having taken all those classes you may feel like you don’t need to take it. You probably have many skills in your little tool belt. That being said, it’s all done in v3 now and so there’s tips and tricks for that as well as you do all new things.

So when all is said and done, it’s hard for me to say whether or not it’s a class someone should take. You just have to weigh it all out and determine what’s best for you. There’s also some other reasons why it would be fun to take it in the post here. :)

Hope that helps…in some way… :)

15. […] you just took the Custom Made class or if you’ve been wanting to get more out of Silhouette Studio, then the Just Add Color […]