12 Days of Christmas: Day 12

twelve_days_fun
Day 12. Man. Every time I come to the end of a big event, it’s like coming off a big high or something. It often leaves me feeling like I’m twiddling my thumbs. It’s just so sad. We have seen many amazing ideas and we’ve just been so thrilled to have you all here to enjoy this time with us! And a big shout out to all our designers that shared their incredible talents with us!

mwah! mwah!

But alas, our 12-day event has finally come to an end and today you get to hear from me.

I have taken on the goal of documenting just tiny thoughts every day using Hello Forever’s (Marcy Penner) 2016 Planner. I type them on my computer–which is just a rectangular silver appendage to my body, really–and have the daily thoughts ready for when I put it into my traveler’s notebook.

This is the week I documented the beginning of the holiday season…the week of Thanksgiving. My goal is to keep the process fairly simple because I just want to get it done and not spend a lot of time. That’s where my struggle has always been…too much thinking and trying to be too creative. Once I got down to the basics of little life notes and a photo or two…or three of four, it just broke that wall for me. It’s something I can do.

I loved the idea stacking lines of text from Thankful and A Big Day stamp sets. Any time I can use words as my creative element…you know it’s my fave!

TN Thanksgiving 1 web

I also broke out my Fuse tool for the first time to quickly whip up the perfect size page protector. I’ve had that thing a few months now and it was still in its packaging. It felt good to finally get it out! I thought I would have used it so much sooner…but…ya know…

With the little flip photo I was able to add just a smidgen more and still keep the main family page all on its own. It’s where I wanted the focus to be on the week.

TN Thanksgiving 2 web

I used a Simon Says Fossil stamp ink on white cardstock and adhered it to the paper of the planner page. The ink just bled too much on paper and I wanted a crisper look.

And then…I’ve been all about gold of late! As you know, right? I thought it would be fun to take the primary word of Thanksgiving and gold emboss it.

sigh.

It’s my favorite.

Love the Fossil color with the gold!

TN Thanksgiving 3 web

Even though my goal is to stay simple, tiny little touches like embossing one word or adding flip page adhered by washi tape can make all the difference. Not to mention it gives me a little sense of creative accomplishment. ;)

I love having a taste of what has happened every week. Some day I hope to document more photos, because I have many great photos. But when you can’t seem to manage even a Project Life style, a planner style will do just fine.

And I’m happy with that.

Maybe next year I’ll be more in the habit of documenting and graduate up to pocket page scrapbooking. :)

baby steps.

one-day-only-freebie

Today’s little freebie is just a sweet addition to any page or project. But not only that, it would be so fun to tie around a container of hot chocolate to give as a neighbor gift!

comfy-cozy

This is no longer available as a freebie, but you can get it in the store.

post-of-christmas-past
And now for our last Posts of Christmas Past. Hmm. I think I want to go with one of my all-time favorites from our design team. It is something from our Christmas in July this year, but in the spirit of all things classically simple and beautiful–and gold and white, which is my motto these days, here are the gorgeous tags from Nichol Magouirk. That teeny gold tree from Believe is one of my very favorite stamps. To see the entire assortment of tags, click HERE.

KBS_ChristmasTags4

Thanks again to all of you for an incredible twelve days of merriment! You give me so much all year long–with your words and your support–that I love when December comes around and I can reciprocate the kindness.

You are all a part of my amazing journey in this little world of ours and I thank you for it.

Love to you all!
k

2017-05-17T07:32:02+00:00 December 12th, 2015|planners|13 Comments

1. Pam K December 12, 2015 at 8:15 am

Kerri, thank you for all that you’ve shared the past 12 days — the projects, inspiration, the ideas … & the gifts! Hope you & your family have a beautiful holiday! Merry Christmas!

2. Kathy December 12, 2015 at 9:07 am

Thanks so much! Now that the 12 Days is complete, I wish you time to relax and enjoy the season with your family! xoxo

3. Susan December 12, 2015 at 9:16 am

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for the wonderful goodies! You have given me so much inspiration! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

4. Julie December 12, 2015 at 10:49 am

Thanks for the fun 12 days. and all the inspiration!

5. Marla Lagoski December 12, 2015 at 11:14 am

You continue to amaze me. You are able to do so many things and make it look easy. I am sad to see the 12 days come to an end. Thank you for the freebies and lots of inspiration!

6. Yvonne December 12, 2015 at 11:21 am

Kerri! Thanks for the great 12 days full of fun ideas and great freebies. I, too, use a similar method for a daily jotting of ideas and things to do or things done. I like it a lot. Mine is just a little hard cover 3″x5″ book with lined pages that I put washi tape across and write in the date. Each month the washi is in a different part of the page–top, then middle, then bottom and back to the top again. I also put some sticky notes in the back just in case I need to jot down a longer store list or to do list. There is also some washi that I wrapped around the back leaf and can unwrap when needed to hold a picture or receipt or fun quote that I might find. Very fun picking out the washi and then filling it up. It goes with me everywhere and I look at it often when I need a phone number (which I usually will jot on a day that I use it) or when I bought a certain thing or called someone or mailed a package or card or ordered something. It surely works best for me because I have it always and can just jot at will because as you may remember, I was born under a wand’ring star. ;) Thanks so much for the fun! :)

7. Cari December 12, 2015 at 11:26 am

Thank you, Kerri, for all the fun freebies the last 12 days! I look forward to your blog everyday and am so sad it’s over! Thank you for the inspiration!

8. Linda Vanorio December 12, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Keri, Thank you for the wonderful designs the past 12 days. And for all the great designs in the past 12 Days of Christmas.

Linda

9. Phyllis Beaver December 12, 2015 at 2:21 pm

We are the ones who should be thanking you “for an incredible twelve days of merriment!” Thank you so very much! You always have such creative ideas, and I thank you for sharing them with us! Have a wonderful Christmas, Kerri!

10. Sharee December 12, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Thanks so much for the fabulous freebies! You have such a classic style that I love. Have a Merry Christmas!

11. heidig December 12, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Thanks so much for all the freebies! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

12. Lois December 12, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Thanks so much for all the freebies! You are such an inspiration. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

13. Gwen December 14, 2015 at 2:38 pm

I put in 2 different email addresses today 12-14-15 and this message kept showing up

There was an error when subscribing. Please try again.