Video: Changing Colors In Studio For The ‘Little Words’

little-words-record
With all the shininess of my Little Words of late (see THIS post from a few days ago), I’ve had a few questions on how to change the colors…and even how to work with the frame in Silhouette Studio.

So here’s a little video for y’all showin’ a few tips and tricks.

Enjoy!

(Make it HD for the best quality entertainment. ;) )

One other note, I mentioned that the little tool at the bottom is only available in the Designer Edition. While that is true, you can also pick up the color of another by using the eye dropper tool in the Fill Color. It just doesn’t pick up the attributes like the DE tool does.

2017-05-16T21:16:07+00:00 January 14th, 2016|video tutorials|7 Comments

1. Sharon Gray January 14, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Hi Kerri,

Thank you for making this tutorial you ROCK !
    Oh look out foil here I come.:-)
    Cheers
    Sharon

2. Dolly January 15, 2016 at 7:53 am

Thank you so much Kerri for such an awesome tutorial!! You are the master of making things clear and precise for those of us that are not technical wizards like yourself! I agree with Sharon, you do ROCK girl!

3. Kathy Serrahn January 15, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Great tutorial

4. Michelle Liimatainen January 16, 2016 at 1:33 pm

You are a rockstar Kerri Bradford!!!! Love how you simplify everything. You really are an amazing teacher. *smooch*

5. Michelle Bazeley January 17, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Hi Kerri! This is such a handy tutorial-thank you = ) I have a question: does this technique work on PNG files? I have little word tabs I bought from another store, and I wanted to try the cool Mincing on it, but I cant get the word part to seperate from the box part? Does that makes sense? When I go to fill color, it colors in the whole rectangle and you can’t see the word.

Any advice you can give would be awesome-thanks again!

• Kerri January 18, 2016 at 7:07 am

Unfortunately you can’t change the colors of PNG files the same way because it is one image. You could try doing a Trace on it and turn it into a cut file and then change the colors from there. Or, if you have Photoshop or Elements, you could do it in there as well.

• Michelle Bazeley January 18, 2016 at 8:52 am

thanks for replying! That’s a bummer, but makes sense.