Oh boy! There is some fun to be had with today’s font! Very whimsical, yet kind of clean and very ‘on trend’ right now.
Say hello to Weem from FreeDesignResources.net.
What I like:
- It looks like you’ve handwritten your words.
- So many ways to use it.
- The lowercase g. love. I have a thing for awesome g’s.
- Many fonts show examples. Use them as a source of inspiration to make your own thing.
- Change heights and cases to make it whimsical.
- Add Line Colors (Silhouette Studio) or Strokes (PS/PSE) to even out the weights, unless you like having some look heavier and some look lighter. Or, add even heavier Line Colors and Strokes to make the different weights even more pronounced. It’s all great!
- As long as you outline this font to thicken it a little, it would be great to cut a title with.
While I do have a more clean+simple style when it comes to typography, I still love stand-out prints like this. It’s always fun to mix your style up a little, right? Keeps things interesting? And call me crazy, I would categorize this as whimsically clean+simple. ;)
And if you want to make it all shiny and pretty….use your Minc!
(…if you have one.)