Say Hello To 50

Another decade of my life has passed.

I’m moving on to the 50s.

Today is, in fact, my birthday.

The big 5-0.

I thought that I might feel or write something big and profound, but ya know, I think I might be in denial that I finally reached 50. It always seemed so way off in the distance all my life…until about a month ago. And then reality set in.

And, as my daughter told me yesterday, you’ve lived half a century! Thanks for that Jordan. It’s just what I needed…not.

I mean, with the 50s comes more freedom, I suppose. Kids are grown. I can leave for two weeks if I want to (like last year’s cross-country trip). I don’t feel any different than when I was 30, to be honest. A few more aches and pains and vision issues. But that all happened in the 40s too, so really, what’s the difference?

And, I always told my kids I could never be a grandma before 50. I do (finally) have a child getting married in a couple months, so the children listened and have accommodated my grandma timeline. Thank you.

So to celebrate a bit of this rather monumental day, I’m doing something that will only ever happen once in my lifetime.

fifty-fifty sale.

5050

Because I am fifty, you get to save fifty percent on orders over $10 for one day only.

(No code needed. Cannot be applied to previous purchases.)

This birthday shindig ends at the strike of midnight on the first day of my fifties.

Better spread the word, because this monumental day will never happen again. :)
(But when I turn 60 will I have to do 60% off? ;) )

Now where’s my cake?

2017-05-09T11:41:53+00:00 September 16th, 2016|everyday life|10 Comments

1. Audrey September 16, 2016 at 2:21 am

Happy Birthday Kerri

Don’t worry you will still feel like you are 30 when you are 60, and 65 though by then you will have grandchildren and they will start to wear you out ….

Hope you have a great day.

• Lorretta September 16, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Happy Birthday, Kerri! Thanks for sharing your gifts and talents all year through. =)

2. Susan September 16, 2016 at 10:26 am

Happy Birthday, Kerri!

3. Erika Alvarez September 16, 2016 at 11:02 am

Happy Birthday, Kerri! Hope your hub treats you like a queen today. Thanks for sharing the birthday goodies, so to speak!

4. Kathleen September 16, 2016 at 11:20 am

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful one! Don’t they come quick? Enjoy!!!

5. Sandy September 16, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Happy birthday. Welcome to the 50 and older club. We know what life is like and we are still here to enjoy it. We get to have grandchildren (I have 3 and may have another 6 through marriage). They are so much different than children. You get to send them home with their parents! Honestly – it’s never felt any different than I felt at 20 or 30 or 40 and I’m going to be 57 in a couple of months. I don’t think we change inside, I think our bodies just wear out. Here’s to living fully for all the days of our lives!!!

6. Kathy W September 16, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Happy Birthday! I just got my order of your clear stamps, and I love them. I’m having a blast making my holiday tags. I hope you have a very special day. And remember….50 is now the new 30. :)

7. Phyllis September 16, 2016 at 1:49 pm

Happy Birthday, Kerri! Hope you are having a wonderful Birthday! Remember, you are as young as you feel! :)

8. Vicki September 16, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Happy Birthday! Life after 50 is pretty awesome. Welcome to the club. I actually turned SIXTY this year — that was a shock to my system!

9. Delina September 16, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Happy Birthday! I hope it’s fabulous!!