The KBS creative team never ceases to amaze me. I love seeing how their minds work with the designs available–things I would never think to do. Leave it to Paige to come up with gigantic hibiscus flowers using the ‘itty bitty’ Beach Vibes PNG file! Here my mind is stuck on small because, after all, the stamp is small. But Paige in her floralistic wisdom has turned the cute little thing into a gorgeous background for her page!
Take a look….
Here’s what Paige has to say:
This entire layout was inspired by the hibiscus flower in the Kerri Bradford Beach Vibes set!
There are the most beautiful and colorful doors all around Europe! I could write a book about it :) I’m so glad you humor me by standing in front of them.
- In Silhouette Studio, trace, copy and paste the hibiscus 6 times across space.
- Die cut the design from the B-side of Paper 05 then spread gesso over the die cuts to soften the background.
- Take some time to back each piece of each flower with patterned paper from the 6×6 Paper Pad.
- Splatter white acrylic paint and black watercolors over the flowers.
- You can barely see it, but on the flower under the photo I machine stitched around each piece – I didn’t end up liking the way it made the flower look flat, so I covered it up with the photo cluster and now I like the little bits of thread peeking out that add some texture.
- Create the title and embellish with die cuts and an assortment of stickers then journal on the top left side to balance the photo.
This is such an amazing page!
I actually give this two thumbs up…and maybe some more fingers and toes. ;)
For a process video on this page, be sure to check out Paige’s own blog post HERE.