Day 12 | Our Last Day

Oh my! I can’t believe it’s our last official day of the 12 Days of Christmas! It’s been quite a ride, hasn’t it? Our creative team has knocked our socks off, our holiday guests have wowed us to the tippy tops, and thousands of freebies have found their way to your homes. It’s been an incredible time and I thank you all for making it so great. A huge thanks to our creative girls for sharing their talents too. They are just remarkable!

So now we are at our last freebie, our Merry Little Christmas Cars print.

You may notice one tree that’s not like the others. ;) That bottom right tree does not look like that. It looks like what you see in the store. I just didn’t have time to print, shoot and edit all over again.

I had this moment when I was making the truck for the Christmas Calendar. I’d also made the little Christmas Car at the same time and then decided to collect all the vehicles I’d made on one page. Then came the trees. And that resulted in this fun little print. The Retro Van is brand new in the store. If you’re wondering where the rest came from or if you have it, follow these links: red car, mint station wagon, blue truck, blue car, yellow van, pink car.

This print comes only in PNG in four sizes, 6×8, 5×7, 4×6 and 3×4 so it can be used for many projects.

And now last, but not least is a little something from me. I’ve been dying to play with the Christmas Greetings 1 and Christmas Greetings 2 stamps and finally got the chance!

I used the single cardstockPaper Bag design with a little modification. I thought since I was using ink and embossing that using the Neenah cardstock would be best. That meant my bag needed to be a little bit smaller, which didn’t give me a lot of room for those stamps. I ungrouped the image and moved the handles up a little . No room for the star, but that’s okay because there’s a lot of shiny going on anyway. :)

To stamp the tree, I used the Brilliance ink on my tree. This stamp pad is pretty juicy. So I did a swoopy swiping motion across the tree so that it would smooth out some of the ink, but also so it would make a cool look when stamped.

I had a happy accident when making this due to the fact that excess ink stayed at some of the edges. Even though I dried it first with my embossing gun, those thicker spots didn’t quite dry–and I was okay with that knowing that the gold would pick up there.

Once it was ‘dried’, I used my VersaMark to stamp the text, added some gold Ranger embossing powder and set it.

The result was this.

Here’s a really good closeup to see the texture of the silver swooping and the tips.

You can see that the tips picked up the gold. I kind of wish I had added a a bit more to the tips of the trees because that would have been awesome. I didn’t start out with that end in mind, but knew what was going to happen when I saw the excess. Next time, I’ll make sure there’s a bit more excess on purpose. :)

That sums up all the ideas….maaaaybe….you never know, we might just have a ‘baker’s dozen’ with our ideas for our 12 Days of Christmas. Maybe be sure to stop back by here tomorrow. ;)

2017-12-12T00:29:23+00:00 December 12th, 2017|printables, projects|17 Comments

1. jazzmom21 December 12, 2017 at 7:14 am

Thanks, Kerri, for all the lovely gifts … but most of all to you & your guests for all the wonderful inspiration! May you have a truly blessed holiday!! Thank you!

2. Melanie Arrowood December 12, 2017 at 8:41 am

Thank you again for a wonderful group of freebies. They are as fantastic as always and I have loved all of the inspiration!

3. Terri Porter December 12, 2017 at 9:16 am

I fell in love with this and couldn’t wait to go and order the stamps so I could recreate it. But then I noticed the typo on one of the stamps, the one that says “when love ones are near” instead of “when loved ones are near”. I’m so sad! Is there any possibility of correcting this so I can order one?

• Kerri Bradford December 12, 2017 at 9:44 am

Hey Terri! I actually looked at a couple different sets of lyrics where it said ‘love’ instead of ‘loved’. I thought I’d misheard it all this time. Since there were two sets of lyrics this way, I figured that’s the way it was and made it accordingly.

• Terri Porter December 12, 2017 at 10:19 am

So sorry, Kerri! I thought it was “loved” all along and just looked it up as you did to see if I had been hearing it wrong. The version I’ve heard the most is by Andy Williams and his lyrics say “loved”. Even Garth Brooks’ lyrics say “loved”. However, in looking further, I saw just as many that say “love” which really makes no sense to me. But who really knows? Now I’m sorry I brought it up!

• Kerri Bradford December 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm

The weird thing is, the Andy Williams one is my favorite and the one I primarily looked up. Whatever I saw on different websites said ‘love.’ But if you’re seeing ‘loved’ somewhere….then….who knows. hahahaha Don’t worry about bringing it up because it was something I questioned greatly. :) I sing it as ‘loved’, but didn’t want to misrepresent thinking I was wrong all this time. haha

4. dellangle December 12, 2017 at 11:18 am

Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas. What a talent you have for creating beautiful things!

5. Terrie Durgin December 12, 2017 at 12:04 pm

I love your gift bag! Thank you for all the great freebies :) Have a very Nerry Christmas!

• Terrie Durgin December 12, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Merry Christmas! :D

6. madtad04 December 12, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Thank you so much for all the Freebies! Happy Holidays!!

7. Yvonne Garrett December 12, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Thank you for the great 12 days! I have so enjoyed them!! You have a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year! You’re great!

• Kerri Bradford December 12, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Thanks Yvonne! You have a wonderful holiday season too!

8. Cynthia Whittaker December 12, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Thank you so much for the 12 Days of Christmas gifts. I have enjoyed them so much. Merry Christmas!

9. Charlene Biemer December 12, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Thank you for the very generous 12 days of Christmas freebies. Love them all:)! Merry Christmas.

10. Jennifer York December 12, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Thank you Kerri!

Merry Christmas.

11. jillc December 12, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Thank you so much for hosting this and for the generous holiday goodies! I also loved the inspiration from you and your wonderful guests! Merry Christmas!

12. taylor.home10 December 12, 2017 at 11:28 pm

Great tutorial! :) Thank you for sharing :)