There’s one thing I love about the internet, social media, Pinterest…all that…it’s getting to try new recipes! And a while back my sweet friend Miss Cathy Zielske shared her love for Egg Roll In A Bowl.
Oh my gosh! It’s our new favorite meal!
Of course, we make our own version. We got the recipe from where Cathy shared it…from here. Their purpose was to make it Keto/paleo friendly, but there’s none of that goin’ on at my house really.
Some of the basic changes are first and foremost…over rice is a must! We do half the sausage, about double the cabbage, add extra shredded carrots and snow peas. We’re not big ginger people so we omit that as well as cut back on the garlic chili sauce. And as per Cathy’s suggestion, we add four scrambled eggs.
Here’s how we like it.
Egg Roll In A Bowl
2 T sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, diced
5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
1/2 lb. ground pork
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 t. garlic chili sauce (I’m not a fan of spice)
1-2 14 oz bags coleslaw (like two bags or bag and a half)
1/2 bag of shredded carrots
small bag of snow peas
3 T. soy sauce
1 T. rice vinegar
2 T. toasted sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- While that’s sautéing, scramble up the eggs.
- Add the ground pork, sea salt, black pepper and garlic chili sauce. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, carrots, soy cauce, and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Add snow peas at the end to warm them up. Then add the egg last.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.